CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Introduction Blog

Hello, everyone and welcome!
I've switched social networking sites a million times, but I think this time, I'll actually do it for reals. Have you seen the crappy new getup that MySpace came up with recently? It's horrid! Not in the least bit user-friendly anymore! Everything about it is all topsy-turvy!
But, the final straw came when they 1.) took away the design I made for my blog and made it plain-looking and 2.) took away the privacy settings. So, now, here I am!
But, I know you probably want to know who I am. :) For anyone who knows me already, you can skip this if you want. But for anyone new, you're welcome to read, subscribe, comment or whatever you want. :p
My name is Savannah Kirsten Salazar. I was born on January 15, 1989 in Hollywood, California (tho in all honesty, I'm a small-town kinda girl at heart) and raised in an upper middle class neighborhood in Rancho Cucamonga, California. I am American, Brazilian, Mexican, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, French, Jewish and Croatian. My first language is Portuguese, but I can also speak English and Spanish. I am 5'2" and kind of curvy. Very pale-skinned, but am able to tan in the summer. I have long, black hair and dark brown eyes. I have both my ears pierced once and a monroe on the right side of my face.
I am currently an unemployed college student. I go to the University of La Verne and I major in English and minor in Music. I worked for about two years in my dad's law firm as a legal assistant and for two months as an independent sales representative for Avon. That's about all the actual work experience I have. ;p
I want to be a lot of things in my life. I know that I can't realistically fullfill them all, but I sure as heck will try! I want to be a writer. Both a novelist and a screenwriter. I want to be the singer and piano-player/synth-player of my own band. (I also want to play flute, violin, cello and harp, but I have to learn how to first. xD) I want to call my band "Bodice Ripper". It will be a symphonic opera metal band and I will sing soprano for it. I already have written eight songs. Now, I just have to find fellow band members (rhythm guitarist, lead guitarist, drummer, bassist, clean male vocals and male grunts) for it. :) I want to own my own Latin American-themed coffee shop called "Parapayo". It will have coffees from all Latin American countries, tropical drinks, special Latin American desserts, healthy soups and salads and seasonal treats as well. I will hold art galleries, open mic nights and concerts for independent artists and sell my own handmade soaps, candles and chocolates there. The walls will be painted colorfully and full of positive quotes. :)
As I said, I'm not sure I'll be able to do all these things for sure, but I will try. ^_^ Besides, life is all about making it as big (or as small) as you want to make it!
But besides career goals and artistic goals and whatnot, I also want to help people. I want to help many charities and causes with my talents. I might even want to open a school. ;) Because in all honesty, who else do we have besides each other? That's why I believe in helping out our fellow human brothers and sisters in need.
I also want to be a wife and a mother someday. I am currently engaged to the BEST man in the whole wide world. :) His name is Mr. Sean Brangan and he is everything a girl could ever want. <3>Blood+ soundtrack
7.) Band: Nightwish
8.) Type of music: METAL
9.) TV Show: Sailor Moon
10.) Movie: Enchanted (don't judge me!)
11.) Season: Summer
12.) Holiday: ALL holidays! :D
13.) Animal: Tiger
14.) Food: Cannolis
15.) Drink: Guarana (a Brazilian soda that somewhat resembles the taste of Monster Energy)
16.) Ice Cream Flavor: Cookie dough
17.) Candy: Raffaello Rocher
18.) Flower: Rose
19.) Book: The Crimson Petal and The White
20.) Subject in school: English

If you wanna find out about OTHER favorites look at ze profile in the side bar. ;p Other stuff about me...
I really don't know how to describe my style anymore. It used to be a kind of girly goth hippie style, but now it's just...bleh. I don't have the time to worry about my looks so much anymore. I do, however, like avant garde styles and whenever I have the time I'll try to be unique again. If I could list about ten good qualities about me, I'd say that I'm creative, open-minded, ambiverted (I'm not the life of the party, but I still show up to the party), compassionate, innovative, romantic, somewhat traditional, mostly friendly, courageous and intelligent. Negative things about me would be that I'm melancholy, pessimistic, neurotic, unforgiving, stubborn, wrathful, sarcastic, somewhat anti-social, weak-willed and I contradict myself all the time!
So, that's the stuff about me. There's more to come if you subscribe. :)
Just know that I will use this blog to voice a lot of my opinions. I welcome an argument, but please make it intelligent, because I will not have a battle of wits with anyone who is unarmed. xD Also, I might not really feel like arguing, so I might just ignore you if you bother me for no good reason. :p Other than that, I hope I have not scared anyone away.

Happy reading!

Savvy

0 comments: